Thursday, January 22, 2009

WHAT AM I UP TO??

When you are about 50 years of age that is probably a good time to size up your life. In a sense already late,since your II Half is on and that you may need to quickly find new strategies to score before the long whistle. Good time because by then at least you ought to have become wise enough to look at your life squarely on its face and make a honest assessment.

Someone –obviously a wise man--told me few years back, that 30 ,40 and 50 years of age are milestones before which any man or woman must become healthy, wealthy and wise, and in that order.(Incidentally he looked to be on the wrong side of 50 already, and seemed to have missed at least the first two goals).This was, thought- provoking to say the least .I realized with a start that I had never thought about these necessary (or even bare minimum ) --but not sufficient ---goals one must have in his life. The implication was that if you don’t do it by these times either you miss the bus altogether or at the least it is going to be tough to redeem the losses .It jolted me a bit for a while and as usual I got back to my complacent –read sedentary- and intellectually wanting, ordinary life.

Ever since my sons introduced me---a somewhat technologically challenged, net-averse old-fashioned father-- to the world of blogs I had thought of it as an inspiring idea. Sharing your thoughts ,and to trigger off fresh dialogues ,or monologues with yourselves looked interesting.And the exciting prospect that it may help to rediscover myself during the flagging midlife appeared overwhelming. In the process I can also do a check on where I stood in regard to the wise man’s forgotten aphorism about the 30-40-50 thing.

I have no idea where to begin, how to write or even what to write. What is more ,I have no idea who will read it. But now that I have largely missed my 30-40-50 targets I am setting a new one. To be a good blogger before 60!! God Almighty ,for all his hard work and hope in creating a humdrum human being, should at last feel vindicated !!

2 comments:

  1. EXCELLENT!!!
    great start!! keep it going..

    and by the way, very creative blog title too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo!...
    GO DADDY!
    brilliant! genius...
    yups, i agree... nice title...
    why don't you write about life in general? stuff like that? or personal opinions, views, etc, etc? that'll have enough topics to go on for a while...

    ReplyDelete